A little about me..

My name is Jessica Parker and I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Secondary English/Language Arts Education and plan to teach at the High School level upon graduating. I would then like to further my education and eventually obtain a Master's degree so that I may teach at the Junior College and University level. I plan on graduating in the Spring of 2012 and hope to start making a difference in the ever growing and ever changing field of education. Above all else, I hope to be an inspiration and a role model for students who have a desire to learn and to better themselves.

Connecting and Collaborating Around the Globe

Being in contact and learning about other people and other cultures is always interesting and important. In the classroom, it is neat to see what other teachers and other classes are doing and how they approach different material. Doing things such as Podcasting and Skyping in the classroom is interesting because it really allows students and teachers to gain new perspectives and new insights on subjects from people completely different from themselves. This is important to me because I feel like a great way to learn more about a particular subject can be reached more deeply if collaboration with others is involved.