A little about me..

My name is Jessica Parker and I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Secondary English/Language Arts Education and plan to teach at the High School level upon graduating. I would then like to further my education and eventually obtain a Master's degree so that I may teach at the Junior College and University level. I plan on graduating in the Spring of 2012 and hope to start making a difference in the ever growing and ever changing field of education. Above all else, I hope to be an inspiration and a role model for students who have a desire to learn and to better themselves.

My Teaching Philosophy

Teaching is such a passion of mine and it is something I truly believe I was born to do. I think that teaching and learning coincide with one another and I believe that one simply can not exist without the other. To be a great teacher and to step outside the box and really get students engaged, you must really be willing to be a learner and an active listener yourself. I believe recognizing the talents and the needs of each student is important in making a difference and accomplishing the criteria to be learned effectively. The environment to best learn and be taught in, in my opinion, is safe, clean, fun, and positive. I want my students to know that it is perfectly fine to have an opinion of their own and I always encourage them to share those opinions in a respectful manner.